The SA Designers Showcase was the place to be on Saturday night, held at the Old Adelaide Gaol, the night was filled with fashion, food, fun….and Krispy Kreme’s! The runway featured the latest collections from South Australia’s leading established and emerging designers, including Casper & Pearl, Chelsea Eve, couture+love+madness, Designer Duchess, GeorgiaGuy, Greta Kate, Jaimie Sortino, Liza Emanuele, Namoi, Necia, Malachi Empire, Orbin Collective, Elyse Barker, Laura Jayne The Label, Madeline The Label, Millicent Elizabeth, SCK The Label, Scott & Scarce, Simmone Standing The Label and Willow and Grace.
The emerging designer competition was judged by Tania Debono (Fashion Blogger/Director of The CakeFace and The Writing), Jodi Nash (SA Style Magazine Editor), Tess (Rip it Up Magazine), Mitchell Oakley Smith (Curator of Fashion Icons at the Art Gallery) and Wayne Cooper (Fashion Designer). With so many beautiful pieces in each collection, it would have been a difficult decision for the judges, the designer they chose to win the title of SA’s best emerging designer was Simmone of Simmone Standing The Label (seen below).
Here are some of my favourite looks from the show:
The show was amazing, there is so much talent in Adelaide! After the show guests were treated to delicious bites provided by The Republic and on departure each guest received a box of Krispy Kreme doughnuts.
I attended the event with my friend and fellow blogger Susan (Fashion Adventure), we decided to take advantage of Adelaide’s newest and very luxurious Uber cab service, we were offered a promo code to use when trying the service and we felt like celebrities, turning up in style. It was so easy, all we had to do was download the app, put our details in and book an available cab, you put your credit card details in so no cash needed! I’ve teamed up with Uber to give new users a free ride up to $25 on Uber before 1 November, 2014.
The process is simple:
1. Download the UBER app on an iPhone, Android or Windows device, and create an account.
2. Enter the promo code “TGLUBER” when prompted.
3. Check the ETA, ‘REQUEST’ when you need a car, and enjoy the ride!
Terms of the offer
- Valid for new Uber users only.
- 1 per customer to be used before 1 November 2014.
- To receive the credit, customer must register via the Uber App or website at www.uber.com/go/ and enter the promotional code given.
- Registered credit cards will be charged for any ride fares that exceed the $25 credit. Credit may be used over one ride only.
- Uber rates can be found at our website at https://www.uber.com/cities/adelaide. Rides are subject to availability outside of the primary service areas above and longer wait times will be expected outside the primary services areas.